Friday, September 17, 2004

B-B-Boston!

I am long back from Beantown (or the Hub, as I understand we're supposed to call it), and I can report that it's a neat city. It's small, admittedly (population: 600,000), but it's certainly more visually attractive than Philadelphia. It's also got that old-city look and feel, which means it's walkable. Well, it would be walkable if the "walk" lights actually came on more than once every fifteen minutes. A travel guide Dan bought advised vistors to jaywalk, and it was good advice; otherwise, you get nowhere.

We had so-so Chinese food, great Thai food, and lots of yummy ice cream. Our hotel was nice, although the airconditioner was noisy and super-powered, resulting in waking up lots at night to a frigid room. The convention was fun, too, particularly because I got an eyeful of geeks who make even me feel mainstream and manly. And that's not an easy thing to do.

No comments: