Wednesday, May 19, 2004

If you had to do it again...

Now, don't think I'm expressing regret here, because I'm not. My life is what it is, and I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. Hell, given the way things were, I don't think it could have come out another way. Still, sometimes I wonder what I'd do were I catapulted back into my just-out-of-college self, knowing everything I know now.

I think I'd have saved up as much money as I could in six months or so, and then moved out of the area to someplace I'd never been and where I knew no one. Scary, yes, but it's a scare I could have used at the time. I would also have dyed my hair a freaky color, since at that point I could afford to work retail or for some strange publishing collective that would appreciate cobalt hair. I would definitely have come out earlier than I did, and explored the sides of my personality that at that time lay hidden.

I just realized that this post is edging close to personal revelations, so I'm going to cut it short. You'll get no true confessions from me.

No comments: