We've all learned our lessons over the years, and here's some of what I have learned from mine.
1. You can't save anyone.
2. Self-confidence is more useful than self-love.
3. One mind can contain diametrically opposed ideas.
4. Never confuse chutzpah for strength.
5. Always ask why.
6. Don't trust anyone who doesn't trust anyone.
7. Use your ears more often than your mouth.
8. If you say, "I'm not a racist, but..." you are a racist.
9. Self-absorption is not the same thing as self-awareness.
10. Grant the first favor for free, but charge for the second.
11. Don't interrupt; chances are you really don't know what's coming next.
12. Admit when you don't know the answer.
13. Better to fail because you didn't win than because you didn't try.
14. Context always matters.
15. If that apology contains a "but", you're not really sorry.