Thursday, May 07, 2009

Grrr...

As someone who used to regularly use the South Street Bridge, I was dismayed to learn that the city tore the thing down without deciding on what would replace it. I'm no municipal planner, and my event coordination experience is limited to two self-produced comedy shows, but I think I'd have done better. For example, I don't throw out my old sneakers until I have the new ones in hand, particularly if that's going to take two frickin' years.

Here's a question: If the army can build a bridge overnight that's capable of supporting tanks, why can't the City of Philadelphia build an equally stable bridge in less than two years? Maybe we should find some battalion to do the job for us.

1 comment:

CathyC said...

My Dad always tells the story of a local bridge being built without anyone noticing the 2 sides were off by 13ft.