Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Madam George and Roses

Yup, I am off to sunny England for fun-filled time. England's not normally very sunny, although the weather forecast predicts no rain for the next five days, which is eerie since the last time I was there no rain fell either.

This will be an educational trip as well, since the English weather forecasts tell temperature in Celsius. That means I get to spend two minutes each morning multiplying by 1.8 and adding 32 to figure out if I need to wear jeans or shorts that day.

I also scored some drugs for the plane, to help ensure I am wrapped snugly in the arms of the Sandman whilst British Airways whisks me across the Atlantic. I got them from my mom, of all people, who is this weird intersection of liberal and conservative viewpoints. It's only Ambien, but still...my mom.

One more thing: With this post, I secure the coveted position of Movie Night Person Who Blogs Slightly More Often Than Tim. Woo-hoo!

No comments: