Tuesday, March 21, 2006

South Dakota...we dislike women AND judges

Besides the recent draconian abortion ban, here's another reason not to move to South Dakota, if any other reason were needed.

My favorite part of this proposed amendment is this...

"No immunity shall extend to any judge of this State for any deliberate violation of law, fraud or conspiracy, intentional violation of due process of law, deliberate disregard of material facts..." (Emphasis added.)

Just what does it mean to "disregard material facts"? That might mean a judge who issues an unpopular ruling can be penalized, because everyone knows that [insert issue name here] is just wrong, and the only way a judge could rule in favor of it was if he ignored the facts of the case. Very handy.

I'd like to suggest that South Dakota enact another amendment, one that outlaws deliberate fucking assholery on the part of the legislature.

1 comment:

TrackerNeil said...

I hope you're right, because I see tendency for politicians to stretch things far beyond the original intent. Who would have thought that Bush would interpret his war powers as a blank check to wiretap, or to toss US citizens in a hole indefinitely? Against that backdrop, I think you'll forgive me if I'm wary of relying upon governmental interpretations of...well, anything.